So you’ve poured your time into building up your auto dealership website and have written a number of blog posts that you thought would be appealing to your visitors. Hopefully, you’ve installed tracking onto your website pages so that you can monitor your pageviews, leads, and keyword searches. You’ve dutifully tried to increase your rankings on search engines, yet you’re not seeing success. Through your tracking, you’ve made the unfortunate discovery that no one is reading your blog posts.
Why might this be happening? After putting so much effort into your blogging and overall auto dealership marketing, it would be very frustrating to enjoy little to no success from your efforts.
If you’re in a blog readership slump, let me explain the top 5 reasons why it might be happening:
1. You are writing in big chunks of text. Even a 500-word blog post can be a little overwhelming if it’s posted as one big block of writing. Instead, divide your post up into bite-sized chunks. Use bold and italics where needed, and be sure to include images wherever possible. As a car dealership, you have a great environment for display, so post photos of your facilities, vehicles, and anything else you might be addressing in your blog posts.
2. Your blogs are simply too long. Listen, no one has time to read a novel when they just want to find an answer to a simple question, so don’t bombard your auto dealership blog visitors with a ton of words. Try to keep your answers clear and to the point.
3. Your blogs are simply too short. On the flipside of blog length, if your posts are too short, then Google won’t even bat an eye at them. Try to keep your posts in the 500-600 word range. That’s a comfortable length for both Google and most people searching the web.
4. You are neglecting to include the right keywords. Another big reason why no one is reading your blog is because you’re just not including the right keywords. In order to increase your success in the keyword department, it’s important to think in “keyword phrases.” Think of a string of keywords that someone might type into Google and use those words in your blog posts.
5. You are answering the wrong questions. The biggest reason why a blog might be unsuccessful is if no one is interested in the content you are writing about. Always keep in mind that quality is everything when it comes to blogs. Your goal in keeping a blog is not just to increase your dealership website traffic, but also to provide relevant content to your customers. You need to make it worth their while to visit your site. In order to come up with the right questions to answer in your blog, think of what questions your customers typically ask on a daily basis. It really is that simple! If people are asking certain questions when they come to your dealership, then it’s likely that some of your potential customers are typing those same questions into Google.
If you need help increasing your dealership website traffic, give us a call.
At Stratosphere Studio, we specialize in auto dealership marketing and can help you to earn significantly more business each month. In fact, we’ve helped our top shops get over 50 more leads per month. If you’re tired of agonizing over your auto dealership marketing, then give us a try. We offer low-cost trial packages that can match any shop’s budget.