You may be scratching your head wondering, “what the heck is link building?” Well, the good news is, we at Stratosphere Studio are here to help. If your RV repair shop already has a Facebook page or website, you are a step or two in the right direction for attracting more visitors to your online presence and your in-person shop. However, there are other ways to drive EVEN MORE traffic to your websites and ultimately your shop.
Link Building For Your RV Repair Shop’s Website
So, let’s get started! Here, we’ll take a look at what link building is, why businesses (including yours) should use link building, how you can’t start the process, and the most important Do’s and Don’ts of link building.
What is Link Building?
Remember a time when a strong way to build contacts and interest in your company was tossing some of your business cards around town? Or, you could ask a local shop to display a brochure detailing how great your business is and what you have to offer. This would drive word of mouth awareness and really get your business going. This process still works, but most people do their searching for new businesses online.
Which is why you should think of link building as a high-tech, digital version of the standard business card swap. Link building is a way of driving referral traffic from other local company’s websites that link to your site This helps Google identify you as the best option in town for your customers. Obtaining these local links are a great way to prove your relevancy and importance in your surrounding areas when someone searches for you.
Why You Should Utilize Link Building
Link building is the best way to improve your website’s authority. Many businesses do not always know they can or should use this process to improve their business overall.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – SEO is just one of the reasons why you should use link building. Google has many intricate and evolving algorithms enabling it to track links and information about your RV repair shop. The more, quality links and content you provide the better. This will help you rank better and get on the first page of Google’s results. You can improve the way you rank above others by having more high-quality sites link to yours.
- Quality, Trustworthy Resource – The more times keywords use by your RV repair shop shows up through referral links and on your own site helps Google identify you as a trustworthy source of information for consumers. If other people are linking to your site saying you are great, and you provide great content, people will visit. Having a link from another site is a vote of confidence from someone else.
- Increases Brand Exposure – “If you build it, they will come.” The more you build your brand the better. How are potential customers supposed to hear about your shop and what it can do if you are not helping spread the word? By link building, you increase your chances of reaching a broader, more diverse audience than you anticipated.
How to Start Link Building
Now that we have sold you on what link building is and why it is so vital to your RV business, you may be wondering, “okay, how do I do it?” Well, at Stratosphere, have some tried and true methods to get you started.
- Host Local Events – It can be cookouts, holiday parties, or any type of social gathering that puts your RV repair business in the spotlight. Making connections there will often lead to links and mentions from one company about yours.
- Be a Sponsor – One really great way to boost your link building is to become a local sponsor. This could mean sponsoring a local sports team, an event like a 5K or a tournament, or any organization. The more your name shows up in front of people attending these sponsored events, the better. Usually, a team, event, or organization you sponsor will not mind linking to your website on theirs.
- Do a Blog Exchange – If your repair shop website maintains a blog (which it is important you do), offer to write a spotlight blog about another business if they write one about you. Not only can this create a fun relationship with you and another company, but it also offers the chance to be seen in a new light.
- Enter a Local Business Competition – If the town your RV repair show is located in gives out awards to local businesses, enter your business! This is a great way to showcase your team and how hard/well your business works. Plus, if you win, or the competition site lists nominees, that probably means a link to your site.
- Pay it Forward – If multiple businesses do you the honor of linking to your site, it may benefit you to pay it forward and do the same. Odds are, they are looking for ways to get their brand out there too. Now, you do not have to go overboard here, but a nice resources page or linking to other sites in blog posts will do just fine. And, it will help solidify a long lasting relationship.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Link Building
You may be ready to take off and start your link building right away – and that is wonderful! But before you go, Here are a few final tips:
Don’t have all referral links bring visitors to your homepage. Send them around to different areas on your site. This will give them the chance to research on their own and click through multiple areas.
Do take your time. Link building is an extremely difficult and time-consuming part of SEO and marketing. Slow down and take the time to put in the effort. Make sure any sponsored events, business meetings, or content creating is well organized.
Don’t forget about citation signals. This is a crucial part of your link building process. Make sure the name, address, and phone number of your RV repair business is consistent across all platforms and websites. Even the ones linking to you. You need to be where Google thinks you are based on the information given about you.
Do be honest. Create honestly. When you’re talking with other business asking them to link to your site, be honest. Tell them about the business you have created. Ask them about theirs and be genuine. You want to create a natural bond. Also, create honest work. The content linked to and found on your site should reflect relevant information about your business and relate to what your customers are searching for. Do not create content just for content’s sake. Be real.
Want to talk to us about building your business? Contact us!