The number of methods available to you for marketing your auto dealership might seem overwhelming. There is social media marketing, direct mail marketing, email marketing, print advertising, radio advertising, content marketing, and a whole bunch of other methods with equally specific terms. Yet, when you get right down to basics, auto dealership marketing involves 1. Getting people to recognize who you are and 2. Converting those people into customers.
Talk with your auto dealership customers.
Like all of our automotive clients, I’m sure you’re looking for the smartest, most cost-effective way to accomplish these tasks. I’m telling you right now: one of the absolute best tactics you can use for your auto dealership is content marketing. Someone who agrees with us is Doug Kessler, B2B guru and Co-Founder/Creative Director at Velocity. He says, “Traditional marketing talks at people. Content marketing talks with them.”
Content marketing explained.
Content marketing is very different from the traditional way of approaching advertising. Instead of focusing entirely on the act of selling something, content marketing lets you focus on providing valuable information to your prospective customers. It’s the difference between a ¼-page print ad and an e-book. Both have their place in general communications, but content marketing has some major advantages.
The top 5 advantages of content marketing for auto dealerships.
1. Content marketing allows your dealership to be a resource. By providing useful information to your customers, you are turning your business into something of greater value than the average dealership.
2. Content marketing encourages customer engagement. Instead of being an entity, you become relatable through content marketing, which allows you to have one-on-one interaction with your customers. It gives you a real voice.
3. Content marketing sells your services without being salesy. People are sold to repeatedly all day, every day, so it can be a real turn-off to hear yet another sales pitch from a business, whether one needs the offered service, or not. By providing interesting content, you are letting your potential customers know who you are without being annoying.
4. Content marketing is cost-effective. Because you can develop the content yourself, content marketing tactics are often much cheaper and more cost-effective than print, radio, outdoor, or television advertising. Plus, with any online tactics you take, such as blogging or creating downloadable content, you will be able to track how many visitors you attain, as well as how many of those become leads. You will also be able to reuse your content, as long as the information stays current, allowing you to publish it in different forms. For example, your blog could become part of an e-book, which could be offered for downloading in an email to your database. The possibilities are extensive.
5. Content marketing goes hand-in-hand with lead acquisition and nurturing. One of the most beautiful aspects of content marketing is that it works perfectly with lead nurturing. You can place calls to action on your blog posts, invite readers to subscribe, acquire leads by offering downloadable guides, and so on. Every bit of content you publish is an opportunity for lead acquisition and nurturing.
Need help with your auto dealership marketing? Call in the experts.
At Stratosphere Studio we’re experts at content marketing for auto dealerships. We can turn your business into a thought leader for the collision repair industry. Give us a call at (410) 459-7022 today!