If you’re like many of our automotive clients, your day is filled with customer questions, scheduling issues, paperwork, insurance company calls, and more. In the midst of such a busy workday, I’m sure it feels like there’s no time to devote to marketing your business—especially through the use of something like Facebook or Twitter. And you’re not alone—lots of our clients have felt the exact same way at one time or another before they came to us.
If the idea of marketing your auto dealership through social media overwhelms you, try these tips for making it work for your shop:
· Build a social networking calendar. Most of the time, coming up with the right content to post is the most time-consuming part of the social media marketing process. So, rather than waste your time trying to come up with something on the fly, sit down one day and plan out an entire month of posts. When you have it all ready to post, it will be much easier to make it part of your daily routine.
· Use a social media management tool. Instead of posting individually on one site, then another, use one of the many social media management tools available, like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck. With these platforms you can schedule posts ahead of time and set them to post across various social media sites. For help on choosing the right one for you, check out this great article from Dashburst.com.
· There’s an app for that. Another thing you can do to make your life a little easier is to download the social networking apps to your smartphone. Sometimes that’s a really handy way of getting instant updates on what interactions are happening with your social media pages.
· Set your blogs to post automatically. Since you’re writing blogs for your body shop at least once a week, then have them set to automatically post notification links on Twitter and Facebook. Not writing blogs, yet? Then it’s time to get with the program! Once you start blogging regularly for your car dealership website, you will increase your number of visitors exponentially.
· Let someone else do the work for you. Time is money and your hands-on time is essential when it comes to your auto dealership. Instead of worrying about how you’re going to find time to market your business with social media, let a professional marketing company do it for you.
At Stratosphere Studio, we specialize in digital marketing for the automotive industry, including auto dealerships and auto repair shops, and offer a variety of affordable services, including blogging, social networking, website design, search engine optimization, and more. Tom, our company’s founder, once owned his own auto body shop before using his marketing expertise to help other body shops. We’ve even been featured in Fender Bender for our knowledge of body shop marketing. If you need an agency to help your body shop, give us a call today.